Towing Courses - Trailer
Towing Solutions offer trailer towing courses.
Tips on Towing Trailers
- Secure any load in the trailer and make sure it cannot move when you are braking or rounding corners.
- Don’t place heavy loads behind the axle as this may cause the trailer to have a ‘negative’ nose weight and could result in snaking which is not only very dangerous for you, but for other road users too.
- Check the tyre pressures meet the manufacturer's specification. Incorrect tyre pressures can make a trailer unstable and difficult to tow and in addition creates bad fuel economy.
*Gift vouchers are available - please enquire*
Towing Your Trailer with Confidence
When we tow a trailer, we need extra vigilance, knowledge and skills in order us to tow safely and within the law.
Towing a trailer can be a tricky business, particularly if you have to reverse into bays or manoeuvre in tight spaces. Our instructors are experienced in delivering hands-on practical training and they will give you the tools and the confidence for stress free towing and manoeuvring.
All trailer users - whether you are new to towing and need to learn the practical and legal aspects related to this area or whether you already have towing experience, but want to refresh your skills or target certain areas such as reversing.
This course includes off-road exercises as well as on-road towing training and is delivered on a one to one basis. AM or PM sessions available.
Designed to suit your needs and while we provide a structured training session for you to follow, if you need to focus on a particular area, we are happy to factor these requirements into your training.
If you are a business and need trailer training for your staff, we offer a separate certificated towing course that might be beneficial - Trailer Safety & Awareness.
This is a hands-on, practical driving course which you can undertake using your own car and trailer. If you don't have a trailer yet or want some experience before you take the plunge, Towing Solutions has a trailer for you to use and vehicle for you to hire if needed.
So if you want to negotiate roads and junctions without stress, reverse with confidence and be clear about relevant towing law, this is the course for you.
A 4 hour course for 1 person or a 5 hour course for 2 people.
You will receive by email a certificate of attendance and an e-copy document containing course details from the training session as well as some bonus top tips to help you on your way.
If you are booking a course online to take place in the next 48 hours, please call the office on 01625 433 251 or email email@example.com.
How To Book
Please see current upcoming slots available here
1. You can book a training course yourself online, see below for the links to booking pages
2. Call 01625 433 251 and one of the office staff can discuss your requirements and we can book the course for you
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org??????? with the date/slot you are interested in and we can start the booking process this way
|Trailer 1 Person includes 1-2-1 on-road training
|Trailer 1 Person with vehicle hire
|Trailer 2 People includes 2-2-1 on-road training
|Trailer 2 People with vehicle hire
Trailer and Trailer Tent Towing
"Thank you very much for the training course. I found it helpful, informative and relevant for our needs, the relaxed but positive approach made me feel at ease, while the training tips given will make my training sessions easier to carry out while "
Tony Hasset, Driving Instructor