Towbar Technician 3 Day Beginners Course
Towing Solutions Towbar Fitting & Wiring Course is certified by the IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry) and the NTTA (National Trailer & Towing Association)
This 3 day certificated Towbar Technician course for beginners provides a comprehensive introduction to towbar fitting using a proven structure. It addresses the relevant disciplines needed to be a towbar technician.
The Towbar Technician 3 day beginners course is for people who are interested in being a towbar fitter.
Delegates who attend will learn the start to finish of fitting a towbar.
Being a Towbar Technician is a varied, interesting and profitable career. You will be working with all types of vehicles including the latest models coming out of the showroom.
Having the correct training is absolutely essential. To be a towbar technician you must have a broad based knowledge that combines vehicle mechanics, auto-electrics, basic diagnostics and commercial bodybuilding which means understanding the different vehicle systems, working with complex vehicle trim and using the latest types of electrics. Knowing potential risk areas and the knowledge to work with them is a key skill that all towbar fitters should be armed with to save time and unnecessary costs.
This course provides a comprehensive structured framework for high standard towbar fitting and wiring disciplines. You will complete a course that addresses relevant automotive electrical theory, CANbus and bulb failure systems, vehicle management system coding, tools & equipment, best practice in towbar fitting, troubleshooting & fault analysis and the safety issues surrounding vehicle and work place preparation.
Towing Solutions Limited is the Leading Towing Industry Training Organisation in the UK. This course is certificated by the IMI (Institute of Motor Industry) and the NTTA (National Trailer & Towing Association)
- This course will enable you to comply with the latest towing regulations and work efficiently to industry standards.
- It gives you a complete guide on what would be the right towbar and electrics for you to install.
- There will be a “hands on” demonstration of a towbar fitting and electrical system installation to help you understand the full process and fault finding.
- Course notes which include useful templates to keep you up to date on your paperwork.
- Covers safe installation of towbars to electric vehicles
The course is set over three days at our training facilities in Macclesfield, Cheshire. Accommodation is not included. Lunch and refreshments are provided for the duration of the course. Maximum of 4 delegates per course.
Successful candidates will be IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry) and NTTA (National Trailer & Towing Association) certificated as a Towbar Technician valid for 3 years.
As well as their industry recognised certificate, delegates will also receive an e-copy document containing details from the training course as well as some bonus top tips to help you on your way.
WhatsApp Help Group
All those who attend the course will have access to our Towbar Fitting Help forum on WhatsApp. Enabling you to swap advice on fitting towbars with others, help someone with a query they may have, or just general discussions on towbar fitting and all that it involves.
If you are booking a course online to take place in the next 48 hours, please call the office on 01625 433 251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Book
Please see link to upcoming course dates here
1. You can book a training course yourself online, see below for the links to booking pages
2. Call 01625 433 251 and one of the office staff can discuss your requirements and we can book the course for you/your employees
3. Email email@example.com with the date(s) you are interested in, how many delegates etc and we can start the booking process this way