The Towbar Technician Course is for people who are interested in being a towbar fitter.
Being a Towbar Technician is a varied, interesting and profitable career. You will be working with all types of vehicles including the latest models coming out of the showroom.
Having the correct training is absolutely essential. To be a towbar technician you must have a broad based knowledge that combines vehicle mechanics, auto-electrics, basic diagnostics and commercial bodybuilding which means understanding the different vehicle systems, working with complex vehicle trim and using the latest types of electrics. Knowing potential risk areas and the knowledge to work with them is a key skill that all towbar fitters should be armed with to save time and unnecessary costs.
This course provides a comprehensive structured framework for high standard towbar fitting and wiring disciplines. You will complete a course that addresses relevant automotive electrical theory, CANbus and bulb failure systems, vehicle management system coding, tools & equipment, best practice in towbar fitting, troubleshooting & fault analysis and the safety issues surrounding vehicle and work place preparation.
Towing Solutions Limited is the Leading Towing Industry Training Organisation in the UK. This course is certificated by the IMI (Institute of Motor Industry) and the NTTA (National Trailer & Towing Association)
- This course will enable you to comply with the latest towing regulations and work efficiently to industry standards.
- It gives you a complete guide on what would be the right towbar and electrics for you to install.
- There will be a “hands on” demonstration of a towbar fitting and electrical system installation to help you understand the full process and fault finding.
- Course notes which include useful templates to keep you up to date on your paperwork.
- Covers safe installation of towbars to electric vehicles
The course is set over three days at our training facility in Macclesfield, Cheshire. Accommodation not included. A light lunch and refreshments are provided for the duration of the course. Maximum 4 delegates per course.
Successful delegates will be awarded an industry recognised NTTA and IMI certificate valid for 3 years. We will give you the tools to be confident and competent at fitting towbars.